NorCal Volleyball Club Tryout Registration will open up on Oct 1
*Pleaes note that our tryout times are subject to change as Club Directors are still working hard on creating as few conflicts as possible. If a time changes and you are already registered, you will be notified via email of that time change.
To register for tryouts, please follow these steps:
Step 1: Register as a NCVA Member at ncva.com. Once you register and pay, print your membership card or print your confirmation email from NCVA and bring it to tryouts.
Step 2: Register for NorCal’s Tryouts at enroll.norcalvbc.comYou must have your NCVA membership number handy. NorCal’s tryout fee is $50.00, please pay during online registration.
Step 3: Attend your tryout –all tryouts are at Dougherty Valley High School in San Ramon. Please bring your NCVA membership number and NorCal registration confirmation email with you to tryouts.
1. How do I know what age group to register for? Please refer to the age group descriptions below to know what age your daughter should be trying out for
18 and Under Division: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2000 or Players who were born on or after September 1, 1999 and a high school student in the twelfth (12th) grade or below during some part of the current academic year 17 and Under Division: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2001 16 and Under Division: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2002 15 and Under Division: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2003 14 and Under Division: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2004 13 and Under Division: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2005 12 and Under Division : Players who were born on or after September 1, 2006 11 and Under Division (11 Black AND NorCal Juniors): Players who were born on or after September 1, 2007
2. When I go to enroll.norcalvbc.com no available programs are showing. What do I do? This is typically because some information in your player's account is incorrect causing the available programs not to show. To fix this please log into your account and make sure that your players grade and high school graduation year are correct. Once these two fields are correct, the programs that are available to you by age should pop up automatically
3. What teams do you offer at NorCal? For the 2017-2018 season, we will offer the following teams:
NCVA Power League Teams: A total of 13 Power League Teams - 11 Black, 12 Black, 12 Blue, 13 Black, 13 Blue, 14 Black, 14 Blue, 15 Black, 15 Blue, 16 Black, 16 Blue, 17 Black, and 18 Black
Pacific AAU Teams: We will not be offering any AAU or Premier League Teams this season.
NorCal Juniors Teams: A maximum of 3 Juniors teams- Juniors Tuesday, Juniors Wednesday, and Juniors Thursday, although the actual number of teams depends on the interest of sign ups. These teams do not have a tryout. They will be grouped by grade so that we have at the least 1, 3/4 grade team and 1, 5/6 grade team
4. What is the difference between your Black and Blue team? The Black team is our top travel team, also knows as our 1s team. The Blue team is our second travel team, also know as our 2s team. Both teams will attend the same tournaments and have the goals of finishing the season at Junior Nationals.
5. Do you offer Premier League Teams? No. This sesason we will not be offering AAU teams or Premier League teams.
6. Do you offer a younger girls program? Yes, we offer an 12 and under program at NorCal called NorCal Juniors. This program is a sign up to play program and there is no tryout. We will offer a maximum of 3 teams in this age group.
7. Since most tryouts are at Dougherty Valley High School in San Ramon are practices there as well? No, we do not practice at Dougherty Valley High School. All of our teams will practice exclusively at the NorCal Volleyball Facility in Pleasanton.